Monday, January 22, 2024

Designer Series: “Herd” It’s Your Birthday

Hello crafty friends! Davina here, to share my Mama Elephant Designer Series project. I am calling this slimline shaker card ‘Herd’ It’s Your Birthday, and I love the hot pink farm theme. The January Mama Elephant release is so adorable, with all of the farm themed products, and I combined quite a few on this landscape card. 


I used the Slim Card Basics CC die set to cut the card base from hot pink cardstock, the pink gingham top layer with windows, and the white scalloped frame. I’ve been on a mission to put a dent into the sequin collection I have amassed, so don’t be shocked when I make a million shakers. I inked a bright blue sky onto a back panel the same size as the gingham layer, and framed it in with foam tape after placing a little red farm house in the top left corner. I filled it in with lots of bright clay confetti and added a grassy strip over the acetate, but under the gingham.


I stamped the farm house, flowers, and hay bales from the Little Agenda House stamp set. I know the hay images were intended to be bushes, but they worked perfectly for my farm scene hay piles. Then, I added a white picket fence that I cut using the Farm House CC die set. I cut two and covered the seam up with a little cow image. Next, I stamped a bunch of adorable teeny cows from the Little Cow Agenda stamps, and colored each differently. I arranged them across the bottom of my scene and got to work on my sentiment. I made a custom punny banner using the smaller Little Signage Agenda stamp set. The letter size was perfect. Once adhered, I glued some tiny iridescent stars all around the top. 


Mixing and combining stamp sets is my favorite technique for making unique cards and scenes. I hope that you enjoy this scene, and thank you for stopping by,

Davina 

No comments:

Post a Comment