I started by inkblending my base layers with distress oxide inks. I cut several stitched panels from Bristol Smooth cardstock and trimmed one down for my sand layers. I actually only used one panel for both sand layers. I cut a shorter portion off of one side then rotated it and cut the remaining for the taller piece. I think cheated on this one and added an extra half inch strip of paper to the bottom of my lower layer for a little extra height. I am extremely ocd when it comes to my cards and I like all the layers to got to the bottom from the side view that way they isn’t weird lumps or card “panty lines” haha.