Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Birthday with The Greeting Farm

Hello crafty friends! Today is release day over at The Greeting Farm and there’s a little something for everyone. Over the past 3 days I’ve shared a card using each of the new sets, and I’ve really loved creating with every stamp set. For today’s card, I’m circling back to the cutie Birthday Bears stamp set. 


I love the playful way this set was drawn and the whole group of bears in one big image. I wanted a different look than the last card I made, so instead of different shades of brown, I decided on a group of creamy white polar bears. 


I used a cool tone color pallette of aqua, blue, lime green, and purple, to give an icy arctic feel. I stenciled a balloon filled background using a Pretty Pink Posh layered stencil, then layered it with purple carstock and a colorful plaid paper. 


After stamping my image and letting the ink dry well, I gently shaded the bears in shades of warm gray then added some little dots for texture. I colored the accessories with the same cool colors and added some white highlights. I used my scan n cut to cut the image out and mounted it with foam tape. I added a layered die cut Happy Birthday and surrounded it with some die cut candles and a party hat. 

I love the way you can use this set is grand enough to use on its own, yet not loose its impact when surrounded by lots of color and die cut pieces. Make sure to head over to The Greeting Farm to shop the new release and see all of the beautiful inspiration from the entire Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by, Davina 

9 comments:

  1. STOP the cuteness! I LOVE the bears and darling colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color choices, as that teal and blue are one of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the bears are mostly white with a splash of color for the hats and whatever they may be holding. Looks great against the background. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you limited your colors. No rainbow!! This is so cute with the many bears...great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cool palette for these polar bears, your card is very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layering you did with the die cuts and fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the bears are polar bears so you only colored their accessories. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete