Tuesday, October 22, 2019

You Got This with Penguin palace stamps



Hello stamping friends, I have a warm and golden encouragement card to share with you today using the new release from Penguin Palace Stamps. I typically over fill cards with multiple images and many layers, but the project I’m sharing today is relatively simple yet filled with luxurious colors and patterns. 
This new stamp set and coordinating Penguin Cuts is full of fun and encouraging images perfect for many occasions, and is called Happy Track and Field  (chapter 1). I stamped the two jumping characters and the track hurdle using my stamp platform, then colored them with Copic markers. I chose a coral and gold piece of chevron paper to build my scene upon, and inked up some Bristol smooth cardstock to support the images. I blended scattered straw, dried marigold, and abandoned coral to achieve an ombré color that matched the patterned paper. 
After splattering with white and gold ink I selected a curved slider die to make a track for my kangaroo to move across. I glued the cut away portion to the base paper, centered a penny (attached to a sliding disc) over the glued down strip, then mounted the remaining panel with foam tape over the top, making sure it lined up and the tic-tac shaped slider disk was poking through. I attached my kangaroo to the disc and made sure it was sliding freely before moving it to the side and adhering my remaining images

My pad of paper had a couple of those pieces of paper that are filled with little squares of images, patterns, and quotes. I usually never know what to do with those, but this one little black square had a great gold quote, and I cut it out, and trimmed it into a banner. I stamped the “take a leap of faith” sentiment from the stamp set onto the inkblended panel, then glued down the banner over a few loops of gold thread. After a sprinkling of matte gold sequins I think I can proudly say I love it!! 

I’d like to say thank you for stopping by and I can wait to see you again,
Davina 

No comments:

Post a Comment