Saturday, October 19, 2019

Crystal Snowflakes with Penguin Palce Stamps


Today I’m sharing a beautiful yet simple card I made using the new Crystal Snowflakes stencil from Penguin Palace Stamps. I’ve recently started using stencils although I’ve collected them for a quite some time. My favorite way to use them is to layer embossing paste over one of my inkblended backgrounds. 

It’s surprisingly easy to get an intricate looking background in a short amount of time. I started by cutting two stitched layers, one from a pink and mint patterned paper, and the other from Bristol smooth cardstock. I used Distress Oxides in three colors to achieve this background. Picket Fence (white distress ink), Spun Sugar, and Worn Lipstick all blended with my blending brushes. I splattered with clean water, white ink, and finally gold metallic ink before layering my snowflakes. 

I created my glittery embossing paste using a product I purchased on amazon called Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing paste. Like glue it appears white but dries completely clear in a matter of minutes. I mixed about a teaspoon of the paste with a pink iridescent glitter I’ve had in my stash for years. It can be mixed with ink, glitter confetti etc. to make any color you like. The results were incredible and it didn’t mess up my inky background. 

While that was drying, I stamped and colored the cafe and girl from Rabbit Cafe and multiple trees from Fun Adventure  , both from the previous release, but appropriate year around. I colored them using minimal colors that matched the patterned paper and die cut with the coordinating Penguin Cuts. I adhered my images toward the bottom the the scene allowing the trees on the sides to hang off a little. Then added some more of the same glitter on the tree tops and cocoa cafe. I added a bright white sentiment banner then mounted all of my layers together using scor Tape. 

I really love the statement these snowflakes make and can’t wait to use them with ink next! Thank you for stopping by,
Davina 

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment