Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Wanna Cuttle with Penguin Palace

Hello my fellow inky fingered friends. Today I’m sharing an undersea scene, full of the new, cute, Penguin Palace Stamps spring release.

I created a layered aquarium like scene using The More We Get a Together stamp set and coordinating dies, and I combined these images with the new Dots Meet Dashes layering dies. I always choose any patterned papers and colors before I begin. That way I know everything is going to match once I’m done coloring.

I selected this dark navy dotted paper for my base layer, and new I would be using my “blues” for my inking. I cut two pieces of Bristol smooth cardstock for my image panel. One piece I left whole and the second I staggered 3 sloped hill border dies upon. After cutting I colored each piece in variations of blue. Then I colored the top of the”solid” piece in the lightest shade.

After stamping and coloring all of my images I played with the placement before adhering anything down. I had already decided on the “Wanna Cuttle”  sentiment, so I put the pair of Cuttle fish on the lowest layer, and made sure to give each section a focal point.

After gluing everything down I added some glittery Wink of Stella to some of the images and decided to add an extra layer of textured white cardstock. Then I mounted the image panel onto the dark navy paper, and then  onto my cardbase with Scor Tape.

I love how this turned out, and how great the blue colors look against the Kraft cardbase. Head on over to Penguin Palace Stamps to see the entire release. Thank you for dropping by,
Davina


No comments:

Post a Comment