Friday, April 24, 2020

Rain or Shine with Reverse Confetti



Today is my last post as a Fetti Friend for Reverse Confetti,and it’s been such an honor to participate with such a great team. I’m sharing a short slimline card, which is one of my favorite types of cards to create. The size is about the same size as my cell phone and it lets me focus on a few images while still creating a full scene. I used a wonderful set called Rainy Day Fun , and the coordinating dies, to create this card.

I challenged myself to make a rainy sky, since I’ve seen many beautiful cards recently that used a gray inked sky. I gently inked the edges of my cardstock with Pumice Stone and Black Soot before splattering a little bit of gray ink. Then, I used the same minimal amount of Mowed Lawn to ink up my grassy layer for the bottom of the card.

I stamped and colored the images using copic markers before die cutting. I must admit this rain drop die is my favorite raindrop die of any company. It cuts the drops out, and the little area in between, while leaving the trip intact.  I loved it so much I cut another set so each cloud could have some rain. I adhered my little cutie to the bottom with her duck friend, making sure to leave enough space for the sentiment. Finally I filled the sky with a peek a boo sun and some iridescent sequins.

I finished up this card by creating a few layers of colored cardstock, using colors I previously used on my images, then mounted it all onto a cardbase using score tape. I love the clean simple message it sends, and hope that it brings much love to  the recipient.

Thank you for dropping by,
Davina

1 comment:

  1. Davina, this is sooooo sweet! Thank you so much for ALL the wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete