Saturday, April 11, 2020

April BRI mood board color challenge

Hello everyone! I know this post is a few days later than I’d wanted but I’ve been super busy and spaced it. As April and spring time weather have arrived the April Mood Board, from Butterfly Reflections Ink, has perfectly captured the essence. I adore these sherbet hued colors and hope they inspire many gorgeous creations.

I have have used it several times already in DT obligations and plan on getting some Kathy Rac, The Daily marker, coloring done today as well. I’ve achieved two completely different looks with this color board. Once on my Heffy Doodle Easter Slider. You can see how I completed this card with mainly the color board colors.

And again this morning with my Butterfly Reflection Ink post, using a neutral card base, and coloring all of the accessories in my Piñata Party, in the designated colors. I will always be the first one to say that grass is green and can’t be held against a color board, as well as skin and hair colors. I say this again and again, so that those who take things very literally, and are struggling to use limited color palettes, can realize that it’s ok to use neutral colors when employing a color board.  It doesn’t have to be difficult.

So let’s get out coloring mediums of choice out and get busy! I will have an InLinkz button at the bottom of this post for you to add your project, using the featured April Mood Board, and companies that are carried by Butterfly Reflections Ink (which is most). This link will be open until April 30th at 11:59 pm. We will randomly select an eligible project from those linked and using the hashtag #brimoodboard to win a $20 gift certificate to the Butterfly Reflection Ink shop.

Let’s be nice and have fun! You can enter up to 4 cards using the InLinkz button. And you must be using the colors inspired by the current Mood Board.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment