Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Hello Friend with Penguin Palace

Hello friend! Today I have a long slimline card to share using products from several of my favorite companies.  My favorite Slimline Series dies from Trinity Stamps and the cutest stamps from Penguin Palace Stamps. I also have some fun word dies from Hello Bluebird to finish off this fun card.

I’m still using the vibrant color palette from the Feb BRI Moodboard and although these are typically Valentines colors, I would feel confident using these colors all year long. I created this long slimline card by choosing a small pattern paper and matching cardstock in a rich deep strawberry pink. I trimmed and folded my cardbase to the size of 8.5 x 3.5 which is my preferred size for slimline cards. Then I used the largest scalloped slimline die with textured white cardstock. I diecut my patterned paper with the middle stitched slimline die to nestle above the white scallop layer.

Next I stamped all of the images from Penguin Palaces Fun Adventure, and colored them with Copic markers that reflect the color board I am using. After coloring, I die cut with the coordinating Penguin Cuts, then highlighted the images using small white dots. I also die cut a few of the shapes from fun foam and used liquid glue to attach the matching images and create a sort of thick 3D image.

I adhered my word dies that I cut from the same textured white cardstock is the middle area before creating small image clusters on each side of the card. I adhered my 3D shapes onto the top to create some dimension. I also tucked a small Polaroid image behind a letter in the center area knowing I wanted to layer a 3D camera off the the side. I really like this layout that was inspired by my sweet friend Silvia.

I finished this off by adding a few clusters of matching small sequins sprinkled about, and then mounting my layers onto my strawberry cardbase. I love the barely visage deep pink that shows behind the bright white textured scallops.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you like this,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment