Monday, February 3, 2020

Happily Ever After with Heffy Doodle

Hello Crafty Friends, Davina here with Heffy Doodle and another interactive card to share. A simple slider card was all I needed when it comes to this incredibly cute Heffy Doodle Stamp set called Happily Ever Crafter.
My father is getting married, so I wanted to make him a wedding card, but I hope he doesn’t mind that I made his hair silver. I really love the carriage and it’s size, it glides across the little scene as my happy couple waits to get in. 
I stamped my images onto bright white Neenah Solar paper using my Stamp Platform, then colored them in with a simple Copic color pallet. I used cool grays, a little coral, and some yellow for the gold. Once everything was colored I used the Happily Ever Crafter Dies and my Big Shot Express to cut everything out, before highlighting my images with small white dots.
Next, I cut a white panel from Bristol Smooth cardstock, and two pieces from a bright green cardstock using a stitched die. I used Grassy Lass Border Dies to cut a sloped hill, and a rounder hill, from the green card pieces. I made sure the sloped hill was a little shorter than the rounded hill for layering purposes. I used a slider die to cut a channel in my taller hill, then temporarily secured it from behind with a piece of washi tape.
I used my blending brushes to ink Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Ink onto the edges of my green cardstock hills. Then I created a coral sunset sky on my white card panel using Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, and Worn Lipstick.  I splattered them all with clean water, white ink, and gold ink and dried with my heat tool.
I glued a plastic sliding disc to the back of my carriage, and had a penny ready to attach to the other side of the slider disc. I flipped my hill over, removed the washi tape from the back and put on the front, then squeezed a thin line of glue onto the slider channel. I want to glue that green piece exactly where the slide will be so that it is visably green from the front once assembled. So I carefully turned it over and lined it up at the bottom, and gently rubbed the slide channel to secure the piece to the white paper. Then I removed the temporary washi tape and removed the hill.  I framed out the back with foam tape, then placed the groove over the carriage disc, before glueing the penny to create a weighted carriage.
I realigned the hill and attached it with the foam adhesive. Then I tucked the castle behind the hill after I trimmed off any part that would be visable through the groove. Next, I adhered the second hill using more foam tape. I stamped, and heat embossed, a scripted “congrats” and carefully added some glue to the back. I held it down with an acrylic block so that it would be nice and flat. 

Finally, I secured my Bride and Groom to the left, and added a sprinkling of Lucy Abrams sequins to the card. I mounted the cardface onto some gold foiled striped paper, and again onto a coral cardbase. I dusted my little sliding channel with my powder tool to keep my carriage gliding smoothly and I love it. I will add a short video to my @popsiclesticks Instagram if you want to see it in action.

Thank you for stopping by, Davina

1 comment:

  1. Did you know there's a 12 word phrase you can speak to your man... that will trigger deep feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness to you deep inside his heart?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, treasure and care for you with all his heart...

    ====> 12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to try harder than before to build your relationship stronger.

    In fact, triggering this powerful instinct is so mandatory to having the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him open his mind and soul for you in such a way he haven't expressed before and he will identify you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

    ReplyDelete