Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Stay Sweet with Penguin Palace

Today I have sweet and summery card to share that is full of ice cream and watermelons. Both summertime necessities in my opinion. I used a combination of two stamps sets to create my scene, Rabbit Cafe  and Summer Sunshine both available from Penguin Palace. 

I started my project by choosing a color palette inspired by a pad of patterned papers that is full of wonderful ice cream colors. Then I stamped out all of my images using my stamp platform on smooth bright white Neenah solar cardstock. I colored all of my images using Copic markers and highlighting with a white gel pen. I transformed my cafe into a candy shop by attaching a piece of candy to the roof and adding some images to the window. Then I wrote the words Candy Shop on the sign. 

I die cut my stitched layers from Bristol smooth cardstock and inked a pink sky that blends into a mint green. I then cut a grassy layer from another stitched layer and inked it in the same minty green. I splattered the inked panels with clean water followed by white opaque ink and then a coppery metallic ink. 

I cut the beverage from my far right image and adhered a towering ice cream into her hands, and gave the little rabbit waiter a candy and a slice of watermelon. I felt that the kitty had to be up front also with his sundae so I made sure there was enough room for everyone before attaching my pieces. I used a strip of foam tape under my grassy layer then glued down my background images. After the bistro and cafe were down I added my characters and finally the banner and clouds. I decided I wanted some brighter pink to match the watermelon so I used some coordinating colored cardstock to  layer under the image panel. Then adhered to the striped green paper with Scor Tape. Finally I added some coppery (supposed to be rose gold) jewels from Pretty Pink Posh that matched the coppery (supposed to be rose gold) ink splashes. 

I just adore how well these sets all work together and love making these cute little scenes. I hope by now you have seen the release and purchased a few sets! Thank you for dropping in, Davina 



No comments:

Post a Comment