Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Fun Adventure! With Penguin Palace Stamps

Today I have another colorful card to share with you using new stamps from the Penguin Palace Summer release. I used a very different color palette than I normally would thanks to a very unique pad of pattern papers from My Minds Eye called Wander, and the super adorable new stamp set called Fun Adventure, featuring a little traveling girl and her pup, ready to take on the world.

I chose my colors for the card by matching up my Copics to the stripes on the paper, and selected a rarely used sage green Distress Oxide for the background. I dabbed some ink from my Bundled Sage distress oxide pad onto some scrap acetate and using a spritz of water I went about making a splashed background on some Bristol smooth cardstock. Then I gently splattered a little metallic blush ink on top.

While those were drying I stamped and colored my images with Copic markers and used a white gel pen for highlights. I added a little Wink of Stella to the clouds & mountain tops, and used a gold gel pen for the buttons and brass corners of the suitcase. I then die cute the girl and sign from fun foam to mount my colored images and placed under an acrylic block to dry.

Once everything was dry I adhered my mountains, trees and clouds to the image panel. I stamped my Bon Voyage sentiment to the bottom using my stamp platform, then applied my fun foam images. I added the little airplane with dimensional glue dots so it would have a little oomph.

Finally, I die cut my card layers using stitched frame dies, and trimmed a piece of yellow cardstock to barely show under my striped layer. I tied a piece of coral and white bakers twine to the stack before using Scor Tape to attach my image layer. I once again used Scor Tape to attach my card front to my card base.

Please head over to the Penguin Palace website to see all the fabulous new products, and the Penguin Palace blog to see some more great inspiration from the talented team. I’ll be back tomorrow with another project and post, Thank you for dropping in,
Davina



No comments:

Post a Comment