Friday, June 21, 2019

Home Sweet Home With Penguin Palace

It’s Friday, and that means I have another project  from the Penguin Palaces new release to share with you today. Today I am featuring one of their stand alone dies called Home Sweet Home. This large die makes the cutest large house with pop out roof for the front of your card. Not only does it feature stitched detailed windows and a little front door that swings open, but the roof comes with score lines and tabs to make a pop out statement, or they can be trimmed off to use flat. I love that the roof also has small shingle scallops, that very nicely catch the ink while blending, for a nice 3D color effect.

I cut my paper pieces out first, and reinforced the score lines on the roof with the small pointy end of my bone folder. Once I carefully folded and scored the lines, making sure not to score on the stitching, I got to work coloring the roof. I inkblended with Distress Oxide inks in a shade of blue called Faded Jeans. Then I masked off the door and used the same technique to color the house a soft yet bright yellow called Scattered Straw. I’m pretty sure my brush was still saturated with enough Squeezed Lemonade to add some more vibrancy to the yellow. Inked the door a solid brown color called Brushed Corduroy than splattered some water and white ink across my pieces.

While those dried I stamped some characters from the Fun Adventure set and Copic colored those in bright primary colors. The Little girl looks like Madeline to me from those old cartoons based off of the book series with the same name. And that’s where I turned to get my color palette. I backed my windows with some dotted patterned paper to resemble wall paper, and die cut the door handle heart from some gold glitter cardstock that I pieced in.
I prepared my card panel by inking it  to look like the sky and adding some clouds, and die cut a grass strip to layer out front. I mounted the house and pop out roof,  then tucked my puppy behind the door before using foam tape to add the grass out front. It prevents the little door from opening up all the way, but it is not glued shut either.  I carefully tucked in the plants and added my cute girl and suitcase out front. I stamped the sentiment “Let’s Go!” also from the Fun Adventure set, onto a banner, and adhered it on top of the windows since I felt there was enough open space to accommodate everything.

I really love how this project turned out, it is so different then anything I’ve made before and it is so bright and colorful. Please head over to the Penguin Palace website to see the full release and check out the blog to find so many beautiful and inspiring projects by the team. Thank you for stopping by,
Davina



No comments:

Post a Comment