Thursday, June 20, 2019

Rabbit Cafe with Penguin Palace

Hello crafty friends and thanks for dropping in. Today I’m sharing another card from the gorgeous Penguin Palace  release and this is an extra fun set. It’s called Rabbit Cafe and the images are just too fantastic. It features three characters and a shop front and an entire little patio bistro setting.

I colored my images in a very limited color scheme of pink, green, and light blue, and turned my shop into a little coffee shop. I hand wrote the word matcha in the window banner since I made my bunnie’s drink a jade green matcha latte. But included in the set are a candy, cupcake, and coffee so you could also turn this into a sweet shop or bakery.


I inkblended my background layers and with tumbled glass, mowed lawn, and antique linen to create the scene. Then I splattered with water and white ink. Finally, I die cut the panels with stitched layers and hills, and mounted the bottom layer on foam tape to create an illusion of dimension. My characters are hanging out up front on the bottom while my bistro set is sitting pretty in the middle. There is very gently a bit of squeezed lemonade morning sunshine peeking out over the grassy hill behind the cafe.

I used a variety of adhesives to mount my images and once again die cut my characters from fun foam to make thick sticker like images. It is one of my favorite techniques that I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of. It works only if you have the matching dies to the images so I’m always every stores favorite client, because not only do I have full set syndrome, but I always buy the dies.

I finished this up with a little sparkle by adding some iridescent jewels from Little things from Lucy’s Cards. I hope you enjoy this little scene and head on over to the shop to see the full release. Don’t forget to check out the blog and see the other DTs incredible cards for more inspiration. Thanks for stopping by,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment