Friday, March 1, 2024

“Be Amazing” Mama Elephant Designer Series

Hello crafty friends, Davina here, with a mini gallery of unicorns to cheer you up. There are so many incredible new stamps sets from this latest release that it was difficult to choose a theme for my Designer Series post. But the little paint buckets and brushes stole my heart. I loved the little unicorn from the Deliver Spring Happiness stamp set, and how it was peeking up from the buckets of paint. I decided I wanted to combine that image with the art supplies from the Painting Piggies stamp set. 


For my background I wanted to create a gallery type wall so I pulled out my older Little Agenda Frames stamp and die set, and also the cutie Little Unicorn Agenda stamp set. I heat embossed some gold frames onto thick watercolor cardstock, then used a gold watercolor to fill them in. I love that the die set optionally removes the center, so I could achieve the layered look that I love so much when adding the pictures. Next, I die cut just the outer frame portion and stamped a unicorn image in the center to frame after coloring. I assembled my little portraits and put them aside.


I stamped and colored the images from the new sets, and gave them a simple color using pink, purple, and orange to match the plaid patterned paper I planned on using. Once I cut out the images using the coordinating dies, I arranged my “gallery” onto a soft inked background with gold and white splatters, which was layered over some glittery gold cardstock, and then on top of my soft patterned paper.  I arranged the remaining images onto the bottom of the scene making sure everything felt balanced. 


I finished off my card with a white and purple die cut banner using the Banner Greetings CC dies. They are the perfect way to add a fun sentiment to your projects when you’re a little tight on space, or just in general. I hope you enjoy this little scene and thank you for stopping by,

Davina 

No comments:

Post a Comment