Saturday, March 14, 2020

Unicirns and Glitter

Hello my crafty friends. I’m ready to bring some glittery spring happiness to your day. Normally I would be posting a card to promote the beautiful March Moodboard, and talk about the color challenge that we are hosting on my blog and on Instagram. But, I received my new MFT in the mail, and could not hesitate to use it! So Unicorns and Glitter it is! (I’ll have some Mood Board inspiration for you very very shortly!)


I adore the fun Unicorn headbands and ruffled dresses so much on the images and loaded them up in pastel colors and glitter. I stamped these cuties with my stamp platform, and colored them with Copic Markers. After die cutting with the coordinating Unicorns and Glitter Die-namics, I added small white dot highlights and tons of sparkly Spectrum Noir Sparkle glitter pen to the images.

Next, I cut two panels of Bristol Smooth Cardstock using MFT wonky Stitched Frames. I trimmed one down using MFTs Grassy Fields Dies to create a grass layer 1 1/2 inches high. I inkblended my background onto these panels using Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn. Then I splashed them with clean water and white ink.

I adhered my images using a combination of liquid Lawn Fawn Glue Tube and foam tape. Then, instead of getting out some sequins, I stamped the sparkle/stars with Peacock Feathers DistressOxide Ink and quickly heat embossed them with Wow Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder . I mounted my inky layer onto some textured Lavender cardstock, then the whole piece onto my card base using scor tape.

I love the final results and I feel like this came together rather quickly. Probably, because I was so excited to use these stamps. I hope that in these difficult times you take some time to create something lovely that makes you smile.

Thank you so much for stopping by,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment