Saturday, March 21, 2020

Party Animal with Reverse Confetti

Hello Crafty friends! I’ve got another Fetti Friend project to share with you, and it’s bright and fun, just what we need in these crazy times. Most people are getting cabin fever with the social distancing and self quarantine, but I, as a card maker and crafty-holic, am living my best life. Creating and cooking all day haha. I might get too comfy and not go back to work when all of this is over.
I made a sweet and simple birthday card to add to my stash using a combination of new and old Reverse Confetti products. Some of the products I used are from the very recent March release like Chalk it up stamps and dies, and the Double Stitched Window cover panel Confetti Cuts. I also used the Party Animals stamps and dies and some star and circle garland dies that are so vintage, they aren’t even on the website any longer. And that birthday typed paper in the background is from before they ever offered patterned paper pads, and sold little packs of Quick Card Panels. It’s crazy what you find when you digging through hoarded bins of crafty treasure!
I used the Quick Card Panel to pull my color choices from, then found some beautiful magenta cardstock to cut with my cover panel. Using white embossing powder, I heat embossed the sentiment towards the bottom of the panel. Then I cut the garlands from some scrap glitter cardstock and vellum, and adhered it in the window using double stick tape on the back. Next, I attached the typed paper behind as well.
I stamped and colored my images using black ink and copic markers, and after die cutting with the coordinating dies, I cut them again from fun foam. I glued the shapes together and held them down under an acrylic block to dry flat. I like to add white dotted highlights after the die cutting process, to prevent any smudges, then adhered my stamped images to the foreground of my card. I love the 3D look the fun foam gives.

I finished it up with a few Matte Gold sequins and some clear glaze on the noses and eyes. Thanks for  stopping by and I hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy,
Davina

1 comment: