Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Let’s Party with Penguin Palace

Hello friends, today I’m sharing a colorful card using Penguin Palace products. I used a fall or boyish color palette that is so out of my ordinary, and I really adore it. I also used a few sheets of patterned paper that have long been in my stash the I loved and let inspire my color choices for the card.
I’ve been making an effort to use my hoarded collection of cover plate dies and really wanted to use my Home Sweet Home stand alone die. I cut it from a piece of Bristol Smooth Card stock. I then selected a cross stitched stackable die frame to cut card base from my patterned paper, and again from a lime green remnant of  cardstock. I used a grassy die to cut my little 1 inch hill from that same remnant, that way I could have a layered piece of “ground” that continued with the cross stitched pattern all the way around my card.
I used my Distress Oxides to ink my home in colors that matched my patterned papers. With my blending brushes I used Spiced Marmalade on the roof, making sure to saturate more deeply around the edges. I then used a Heffy Doodle brick stencil and some Pixie Spray to ink my house facade. I used Antique Linen first, then a very small amount of Brushed Corduroy around the edges for dimension. I folded the door behind the house while I was stenciling the bricks, so once I was complete I used several post it notes to isolate the door and inked it in Peacock Feathers. I finished up the house by trimming off the foldable flaps and backing the body of the house with banner paper. This way, the decor is visible through the windows. I adhered it to my card panel them mounted the roof with foam tape to the top.
Once the house was in place I used foam tape to mount the grassy hill to the bottom making sure that the bottom of the hill was flush with the bottom of the card panel. I got out my stamp platform and got to work with my images. Using the adorable stamps set  Birthday Unicorn and cocoa brown Momento ink I stamped my images onto Neenah Solar Bright White Cardstock, then I Copic colored my images with coordinating colors. I’ve finally realized that I should save the white highlights for after die cutting so that none of the gel pen rubs off during the cutting process. It’s hard to remember, it the effort paid off.
I glued down my images using a combination of Liquid Lawn Fawn Glue Tube and foam tape, making sure that the back of the images off of the grassy area had some foam support. Then I finished up with some luxurious cocoa sequins I’ve had in my stash. The brown ink combined with the browns in the patterned paper really give the whole project a fun and different look that I really enjoy.  I hope that you enjoyed this and thank you for dropping by,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment