Monday, August 19, 2019

Feel Better with Penguin Palace Stamps

Hello there, it’s Tuesday and that means I have a new Penguin Palace  Card to share with you today. I’m trying to get the most out of these last weeks of summer and wanted to use fun bright colors and mermaids. A few weeks ago I found an old 6 x 6 pad of patterned paper and I just really loved it so much that I decided to use it again for a little “pick me up” magic picture changer card. I used the images from Get Well Soon along with a few little accessories from Let’s Catch Up.
I’ve had the Lawn Fawn die set for the magic picture changer since it release, but I’ve only used it like two times. I recently made the personal decision to begin using all of the cover plates dies and interactive die sets that I have collected and hoarded, but not used. So be prepared for lots of die use from me.
I began by choosing 3 different sheets of patterned paper that I thought possessed a bright and cheery vibe. Then using the dies I cut the panels that would be needed from the patterned paper, then the slotted pieces from Neenah Solar Bright White. I found a small remnant piece of kraft paper for the little square frame and pull tab hoping that it would be a border, preventing any color difference from my scene and the aqua pattern floral, from being too obvious.
I stamped my images onto the die cut papers using my stamp platform, before realizing that I was supposed to stamp first then cut, doh! But I persevered and made it work. I stamped the images onto masking tape and fussy cut to make masks. Then used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers to ink blend the little scenes. Followed by simple tiny splatters with clean water then white opaque ink. Once dry, I used Copic markers to color in the little images, choosing colors found in the patterned paper.
I put my little slider together using 1/8 inch Scor Tape and lots of patience. Then I carefully mounted the floral paper on top, and using foam tape, I attached it all onto my paper stack. I stamped an cut my wavy banner and before adding my die cut bubbles (stamped in aqua), and my little pink sea horse.
It amazes me how many hours I saved by letting this fun patterend paper do all the work of backgrounds and negative space. This way I could let these darling images take the stage. I really love the inside message from the Get Well Soon set and hope that this card bring a smile and some happiness to my friend.

Thank you for dropping by and I hope to see you back soon,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment