Saturday, December 28, 2019

To a Cool Friend with Hello Bluebird

Hello crafty Friends, Davina here on the Butterfly Reflections Ink Blog, sharing one more project this year using the incredible December BRI Moodboard. I really enjoy using Mood/Color boards for inspiration and love how they keep my projects on track. Every month the amazing team from Butterfly Reflections Ink shares a really wonderful Moodboard, and I love to play along as much as possible.

For this critter filled project, I used stamps and dies from Hello Bluebird, and slimline stitched dies from Trinity Stamps. I tossed around several ideas on how I was going to incorporate these colors without creating a Christmas card, and I’m happy to say “mission accomplished”. I used a really fun stamp set called Snowball Fight and the Coordinating dies for the stamped images, and I also used their Hill and Dales and Glacier Peaks for the background.

I started by creating a cardbase from Aqua colored cardstock. I trimmed the paper to 8.5 x 7, and scored it along the 7 inch side, at 3.5 inches. Next I used the two smaller stitched Dies in the Trinity Stamps slimline series to cut my panels. I cut one from striped patterned paper, and two with the smallest die from Bristol smooth cardstock.  I used the Hill and Dales die to cut the snowy slope by running it through my Big Shot twice while lining the die up to the previous cut line. I cut the tall mountain from the Glacier Peak set from gray cardstock and snow caps from glittery white scraps I had laying around.

I inkblended onto my remaining Bristol smooth panel using Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink, making sure to graduate from darker to lighter, From bottom to top. Then I splattered with clean water, white ink, and glittery perfect pearls mist. I very gently inked some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink onto the edge of my snow, and gray Pumice Stone onto the sides of my mountains before adhering the glittery snow caps.

Next, I stamped the images onto Bright white Neenah Solar cardstock using my Stamp Platform and Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. Then I colored in all of the cuties with Copic Markers before die cutting and highlighting with tiny white dots (I love the snowy effect it gives). Once I had all of my images ready I put my scene together.

I used Lawn Fawn Glue Tube to attach the pink inked panel to the striped paper. Then, glueing the bottom and sides only of the snowy panel, I layered that on top. I separated the shortest hill from the mountain range and tucked them all under the snowy slope with a bit of space in between. I glued down the snowball pile first before adhering my tress. Then I was able to fill in the rest of my space with my playful characters. I finished it up by mounting the scene onto the cardbase using scor tape, then adding black glossy glaze to the eyes for a little shine.

I’m really in love with this finished wintery scene and hope that you enjoy it too. Please share your #BRImoodboard projects by tagging Butterfly Reflections Ink and using the hashtag #brimoodboard, I’d really love to see your projects.

Thank you for stopping in,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment