Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sea-sons Greetings

Today I’m sharing a dreamy pastel, slimline Holiday Card. I really love making slimline cards, both the long 8.5 length ones, and a shorter 6.25 version. Today’s project is the shorter version, which I’ve made using multiple stamp and coordinating die sets, and a new stencil, all from Penguin Palace Stamps
I started by cutting two panels from Bristol smooth cardstock both sized at 6 x 3.25. The cardbase will be 6.25 x 3.5, I really like this size for many reasons. It looks cute, it is the same size as my cellphone, and when using patterned paper as a base layer, I can use a piece from a 6 x 6 paper pad and still have a little white boarder all the way around. 
I gently inked up my base panel using pink spun sugar, and crushed concord distress oxide inks. Next I cut my 2nd piece of Bristol smooth about 1.5 inches tall using a wavy border die to create an ocean layer. I inked up this piece using tumbled glass and peacock feathers. I splattered both lightly with clean water and bright white ink. Then I taped the Crystal Snowflakes  stencil over my sky panel and used white embossing paste to create a snowy purple sky. Then I placed these to the side to dry while I worked on my images.  
I used my stamp platform and a gray ink pad to stamp my images from Penguin Agenda  and Get Well Soon  (and music notes fromFun Night Out ). I chose very light pastel colors for my characters and gave my little Penguins a rosy purplish outline on their bellies, since my sky is almost sunset/dusk. I wanted this to be a wintery holiday party and used penguins with balloons and party hats. My little mermaid couldn’t resist joining in the fun! 
I die cut a glittery stitched hill for my snowy iceberg and glued it to the sky layer, then adhered the wavy water on top making sure each layer was flush on the bottom. I placed my images onto the iceberg, and stamped some holiday sentiments with the same gray ink, before glueing down the music notes. I mounted this on a lavender piece of textured cardstock before finally mounting it to my card base using Scor Tape. 

It’s not a traditional Christmas card, but I love it for a wintery Greeting. Thank you for stopping by,
Davina 

No comments:

Post a Comment