Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Friends with Penguin Palace Stamps

I’ve got a late post to share with you today (Real life work is really getting in the way of my crafting time!)  using absolutely adorable stamps from Penguin Palace Stamps. This is a set I keep coming back to called Rabbit Cafe and its just full of great images. I have many of these cover plate dies that cut out little boxes and I never use them. I buy them with the best of intentions, and when I see other card makers use them I swoon, but when I sit down to create cards my brain doesn’t work in little squares. But... I’m going to make efforts to break out of my usual patterns and habits, and use my stuff.

The card I’m sharing today uses not only one of my cover plate dies,  it also has some older pieces of patterned papers that I love and have been hoarding.

I stamped my images onto Neenah Solar Bright White using my stamp platform, always wanting to make sure my images are crisp and black and nice.  Then I colored them in with Copic markers in colors that matched the papers. Once colored, I cut out using the Coordinating dies, then cut out the frame. I played with some arrangements of the images, then backed the frame with strips of foam tape. I added a piece of floral paper on top of the striped paper and made sure it would fit entirely in the bottom squares.

I mounted the frame and added the images into the upper potion. Weeks ago I used a blade to cut out the center banner from the cafe stamp. That way my window would be blank and empty, and I could use the smaller cafe images to personalize my cafe.  I cut it out carefully and in a square shape so that it could easily fit back into the image and be used in its entirety, and be stored together so that I wouldn’t misplace it. So you will notice I stamped the little coffee cup onto the window. I used a multi liner to hand write Coffee onto the store sign and overlapped the little plant to balance the scene.

I then added the characters to the bottom making sure to add some foam dots to the places where the images wouldn’t be supported, that way they don’t bend or sag. I used a scrap of textured patterned paper to cut the word “friends” out of, and also 3 tiny banners. I stamped the “let’s catch up” sentiment in matching Coral ink from the Let’s Catch Up mermaid set then cut out with the same banner.  I glued and layered all 4 together to create a thick chipboard like feel, then adhered to the top. Finally I attached the Friends word to the frame making sure to cut the “I” dot from fun foam so it would be the same height as the word, and glued down in its proper place.

I used Scor Tape to attach the panel to my card base and decided that there was no need for sequins. I know... shocker haha. I hope you like it ☺️

Thank you so much for dropping by, Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment