Sunday, October 6, 2024

Mama Elephant Designer Series

Hello crafty friends! Davina here with you to share my Designer Series project. Today I have a bursting at the seem box card, that I made using some of the newly released products, and a few images from a couple of christmases ago. 


I really wanted to capture a festive North Pole candy land type scene and the new Little Agenda Sweets was the inspiration for my card. Initially, I didn’t plan on making a box card, but I stamped out most of the images before I had a design in place. Next, I cut out the larger arched panels using the B2B Arches CC die set. After coloring my images and die cutting with the Coordinating dies, I quickly realized I was going to need more real estate. I used some dies from my stash to cut the side panels and stitched layers from remnants of cute patterned papers I had accumulated, and assembled the box card onto the B2B Arches. Next, I cut some inserts from more matching papers and began adhering the images into place. 


The large gingerbread house went in the back since it would take up all of the space, then I put the little cart in the middle with the adorable llama perched in the opening. I surrounded the cart with large staggered candy canes, and placed the cutest little trio onto the first layer. I added Santa & Mrs. Claus (with a reindeer) from the set called Secret Santa, along with Santa’s bag of toys and a glittery candy. 


To finish this box card off, I used a shimmery white wavy banner from Winter Banner Greetings CC die set, that i surrounded completely with candy and the shop sign from the Little Agenda Sweets set. I love being able to stamp the sign with colored ink (pro tip- use distress oxide ink for small sentiments so it doesn’t stain your stamps pink!) Every single layer of this card is glittery with both chunky glitter accents and sparkly Wink of Stella. 


I hope you love this little card as much as I do, thank you for stopping by, 

Davina 

No comments:

Post a Comment