Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Seas the a day with Penguin Palace Stamps

Hello my inky fingered friends. Today I’m sharing a bright and colorful underwater scene. Now that summer is practically beating down the door, I feel such a joy at getting to prepare beach and ocean themed cards. Which is what’s I made for you today!

Last years Summer Release from Penguin Palace was incredible. Full of large, fun images and gorgeous characters that just make me smile. My favorite thing ever, is when I can combine multiple sets to create unique scenes. I was so excited with this Spring Release, when I saw I could combine sets like The sweetest truck & Never Give Up to create the Sushi Food Truck, and with this card, I combined Summer Sunshine & The More we Get Together. It’s like they were meant to be.

Instead of using the incredibly cute little girls from the Summer Sunshine set, I focused on the cool cats. There’s  a cute cat fish in the ocean set too, I don’t know if the fish ate the cat, or the cat is wearing a fish costume, but it’s adorable and the illustrations coordinate.

I stamped a ton of images from both sets and colored them up using bright summery colors, then die cut them using the coordinating dies. I cut the stitched layers from several panels of Bristol smooth cardstock, and inked them up using Distress Oxide Inks. After some splattering of water and white ink, I splashed a little watery ink on there too for texture.

I stamped Seas the Day onto the shortest sand layer then adhered all of the pieces together.  I glued down my stamped images creating a split level scene. Then I popped up this entire panel with foam tape and secured it to some patterned paper that I die cut using the Cross Stitched and Dots layer dies. I have to say that these dies and the Dots Meets Dashes are my favorite rectangle layer dies. The extra dot detail is so much fun and adds a lot of interest to paper layers. They are really worth having in your crafty arsenal.

I hope you like this and practice combining stamp sets on your own projects. Thank you,
Davina


No comments:

Post a Comment