This large card required a little planning on my part. I knew I was going to use the gorgeous colors from the December Mood Board, so I chose a couple of stamp and die sets from Doodlebug Design Stamps called Christmas Magic and Santa’s Sweets that I thought would look great. I knew knew I should have ordered the coordinating pattern papers in the large 12 x 12 size, but I didn’t, I ordered the 6 x 6 and it obviously was too small to create my slimline scene. So I choose a piece of pink paper from my stash and used the largest scalloped die from the Trinity Stamps Slimline series to cut my cardface. I layered this over a piece of textured heavy white cardstock trimmed to 8.25 x 3.5. Then I used the smallest stitched panel from the Slimline series to cut a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock.
I used Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick to gently ink some pink on to the sides and top portion of the panel. Then I splattered with sparkly Perfect Pearls, and white ink. Then I used this Snowflake Stencil from Mama Elephant, and glitter paste, to emboss the snowflake images onto my inked panel.
While that dried, I stamped the images from both stamps sets with black ink and my stamp platform, and got to work coloring. I chose 3 copics from each color on the Moodboard (not including skin and hair colors) and colored all of the images. Then I used the coordinating dies to cut out all of the images before highlighting. I’ve been using thinned acrylic paint and a dotting tool to highlight my images lately instead of a white gel pen, and have really been enjoying the results.
I added some sparkly Crystal Clear Spectrum Noir to some of the images, as well as clear glaze dots onto the eyes and buttons. Then I layered all of the images from the Santa’s Sweets set onto the cover. I added a flag banner with the sentiment to the upper corner with foam tape.
Next I got to work on the inner portion. I used the remaining part of the patterned 12 x 12 paper and scored it in half with the right side in. Then I trimmed it to 1/4 inch smaller than the cardbase. I nestled it into my true cardbase to check the size, and made another little trimming to the paper to get a nice 1/8 inch layer when opened. I cut and inked a second stitched layer to fit on the upper portion of the inked paper insert.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you use some of your crafty time this month a create something using the Mood Board. Please use the hashtag #brimoodboard so we can find your project and give some ❤️