Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Fun Adventure with Penguin Palace

It’s Tuesday so that means I have a Penguin Palace project to share with you, and today I’m featuring Fun Adventure. I really do adore this set and am using different images than I have before. This is a very versatile stamp set that stamps well and the dies cut beautifully. Everything is back in stock on the website too!

I love to pull my color choices from paper pads and/or color mood boards before I start my projects, and today was no exception. I have a very “grown up”paper pad in my stash from My Minds Eye that I haven’t used before called Market Street. It is full of very rich colors like teal, chartreuse, cranberry and blush. Along with brassy gold and a dark, almost black, charcoal. I decided on one of the lighter sheets of paper for my base layer, that had a playful arrow pattern in many colors. When I trimmed it down I noticed that I loved the strip of brass colored stripes on the back and decided to save it to add back in.

I cut a second smaller layer from Neenah Solar Bright White cardstock and ink blended on the right half with tumbled glass and peacock feathers distress oxide ink. I made a stencil by diecutting the individual cloud dies from other PP sets, Summer Sunshine and Rabbit Cafe. After cutting them out randomly and several times from a piece of shiny cardboard, I inked the clouds onto my blue sky.

While that dried, I stamped my images and colored using very muted tones of warm grays and blush. I highlighted with a white gel pen added a touch of shimmer to the camera lens. I used my stamp platform for careful placement and stamped, then heat embossed, my sentiment using Wow embossing powders for the word Adventure. I cut my gold striped paper into a banner ribbon and used my finger to rub some gold acrylic paint along the edges for a little added depth. I used a variety of adhesives to. Punt my images and surrounded them with a sprinkling of muted brassy gold sequins that I love and don’t use often enough. Finally, I mounted my layers using Scor Tape.

Thank you for dropping in, Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment