Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May Mood Board with Davina

Hello crafty friends. I’m here today to talk about inspiration, and share a card I made using Mama Elephant stamps and the gorgeous Butterfly Reflections Ink  May Mood Board.

When we sit down to create something, whether it be small or a large project, we sometimes know right away what we want to make. And other times we know we want to make something, but need a little help or a jumping off point. When we are inspired by something we see, hear or experience we can quickly make a beautiful project. As a crafter/ maker I often find inspiration in many different places. One of my favorites is mood and/or color boards. Every month Butterfly Reflections Ink posts a Color Board and encourages you to play along by making a project and sharing it on the SM platform you like best, and tagging them and using #BRImoodboard. Inspiration is interpreted differently by every single person. They are a starting off point, not the finish line. If I see a photo and one thing really speaks to my heart, that is what I will make my card about. You don’t have to use every single item, or in the way you see it displayed. Color is so fluid also, if I see navy, that doesn’t mean I’m only going to use one shade of Navy. I’m going to pull out every single Copic I have in the same color family and use them all together
                                    

The colors this month are jewel tones and rich in glorious color. Navy, lime green, grape purple, and teal. Which means I had like 80 markers on the table. Neutral and metallic colors are also not to be forgotten or left out.

Once deciding I was going to use the Wild Roar  stamp set I realized my critters were going to have more of a black light Avatar feel to them. I had to wipe my mind clear of traditional animal colors and accept there is no right or wrong. I stamped the image carefully several time with my stamping platforms to get nice even ink coverage. I then used a black Copic multiliner to fill in any blank spaces that needed a little help. I was too scared to keep going over with the platform and risk ruining the image. I then got work coloring all of my animals with colors that I felt fit the mood board the way I interpreted it.

Once everything was colored and cut out using the matching Creative cuts I blended my background with Distress Oxide inks. I gave it a little splash of water and white ink and trimmed it down to 6 x 3.25 I played with my image placement and decided to pop up some of the smaller details with fun foam so they didn’t get lost in the colorful background. I glued everything down using a LawnFawn Glue tube , and the foam adhesive, then finished it off by layering it over a black panel, before mounting it on my 6.25 x 3.5 card base. I decided it needed a little glam so I added a few iridescent sequins in the sky.

I really love how this card turned out and wish I had a black light to see if it really does glow, it probably doesn’t since I used normal markers, but the illusion it gives makes me think that it will.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you are inspired to make a project using the May Mood Board offered by Butterfly Reflections Ink. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #BRImoodboard
Please check back to see my new projects,
Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment